Dear Parishioner and Friends of the Parish, I welcome you to our parish website and hope that you will enjoy discovering information about our parish personnel and various organisations active in our parish. We broadcast our ceremonies via the Internet so that your family members who live far from home may be able to join us spiritually. Our lists, descriptions and activities are not exhaustive and we welcome any suggestions that you may have with regard to improving our service to you. So whether you are a new arrival or someone who has lived here a long time I hope that this website gives you a flavour of our services and maybe that it will inspire you to join one of our parish groups. I pray God’s Blessing on all who visit this website. “May Almighty God Bless you and Those you know and Love”
- Paramilitary Provo Turned Pious Parishioner April 27, 2017Paramilitary Provo Turned Pious ParishionerCasey Schmauder meets former IRA bomber Shane O’Doherty who turned to God while in prison Casey Schmauder Sitting down to a pot of tea and a blueberry muffin, Shane O’Doherty says, “I work at a shelter just around the corner, so this is where I come prior to starting my 12-hour night shift.” Shane has moved through
- Respect for life is rapidly vanishing in Ireland April 27, 2017Respect for life is rapidly vanishing in Ireland by Breda O’Brien April 27, 2017 Pro Life Campaign volunteers pictured at the Citizens' Assembly on Saturday afternoon in Malahide, Co. Dublin. Photo: John McElroy It has been a bad few weeks for those of us who value life from conception to natural death. First, there was a huge backlash against the Nat
- The long shadow of a potential referendum April 27, 2017The long shadow of a potential referendum by Michael Kelly April 27, 2017 The "Taoiseach...has just moved heaven and earth to try to reduce the constitutional protection now enjoyed by the unborn", writes Michael KellyThe Government has given strong indications that it will hold a referendum on abortion next year. Truth be told, we’ve known for som
- To sleep, perchance to dream April 27, 2017To sleep, perchance to dream by Wendy Grace April 27, 2017 Sleep is a precious part of our day that we never have enough of, writes Wendy Grace For many of us, getting enough sleep can be a luxury or, perhaps like me, you’re a parent of a young child and a full eight hours sleep is a distant memory, or there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the d
- One bishop and his dog April 27, 2017One bishop and his dogBishop Fintan Monahan of Killaloe with his dog Barra, pictured after the bishop completed the Connemara International Marathon on Sunday, raising over €600 for Trócaire.